Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drag and drop audio into a track does not copy file

Hi there,

I'd like to find a way to drag and drop an audio file into a Logic track which also copies that audio into the Logic project folder. At the moment, it just references the original file. I have a huge old drive with lots of sound effects and Logic freezes because tis drive is too slow. If those files were copied into the project folder this wouldn't happen.

I can't use the media section in Logic nor the file -> import -> audio because I have 5TB of sound design and I use Soundminer to search through that vast directory - that also is no longer communicating with Logic.

Help!

Thanks

Scot

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 8:43 AM

Hi, i think i can help you here.

Go to File -> Project Settings -> Assets

There you need to have a tick at "copy audio files into project", which should fix your issue.

Similar questions

2 replies

Drag and drop audio into a track does not copy file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.