Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get POP email from my personal domain on Big Sur

When I upgraded my MacBook Air from Mojave to Big Sur, the POP email from my personal domain vanished. The web hosting company does not offer IMAP. How can I make Apple Mail handle POP?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 7:57 AM

fiberhome wrote:

When I upgraded my MacBook Air from Mojave to Big Sur, the POP email from my personal domain vanished. The web hosting company does not offer IMAP. How can I make Apple Mail handle POP?

Yes that is the Mail trick— the set up the account to accept POP.

Use the "Other" and trick it by supplying a bogus email address— this will prompt for more options to server settings...and here you can select POP

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 7:57 AM in response to fiberhome

fiberhome wrote:

Yes that is the Mail trick— the set up the account to accept POP.

Use the "Other" and trick it by supplying a bogus email address— this will prompt for more options to server settings...and here you can select POP

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Nov 30, 2021 10:57 AM in response to leroydouglas

It took some additional fiddling around to get POP email account to work, but adding the new account and using a bogus email address got me through the first level of the puzzle. It looks like some email may have lost in the process, but I didn't have anything archival on this machine. If you try doing this for a machine that has vital archival email, you may need to use Time Machine to recover the older stuff. Because I used my Apple ID to set the account up on my laptop (which I upgraded to Big Sur), and as a result a duplicate copy of the account appearing on my desktop.

Thanks

How can I get POP email from my personal domain on Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.