Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green tint

Suddenly, my Apple TV 4K has developed a green tint on all Apple TV setting screens as well as Apple TV app menu screens. If the screen is supposed to be white, it has a green tint. This is not on any other app, and elsewhere the whites are as crisp as ever. But when I go to Settings, the screens all have this green tint

It’s the same when I go to Apple TV.

But when I’m on other apps, the whites are white.

I have restarted the device 2x, and it has had the same HDMI cord for a couple of years. My tvOS is up to date as well. Can you help?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 10:04 PM

I would first shut down, then unplug and re-plug in the HDMI cable. If that does not work then unplug the Apple TV from it's power source for 2-3 minutes then plug back in and retest. If that does not work, try another HDMI cable, they do fail on occasion.

5 replies

Dec 9, 2021 2:18 PM in response to rkaufmann87

This is a recurring problem and is unrelated to any HDMI cords. Have tested all components. It's a software/ compatability issue that I've yet to see a solution for. For me the tint is perfectly fine. Then I start streaming a show on Netflix. While the Netflix scroll bar (where you can scroll through the show) shows the color is good. As soon as it disappears the screen takes on a deep green tint. Have changed out adapters, cables, have cleaned all the ports. Have updated to latest OS. Out of trouble shooting options at this point.

Green tint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.