Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv 4k static and greean and purple splotches

My appletv 4k has been getting intermittent sparkles/static and has green and purple splotches on the home screen. any help? I have already power cycled it, tried other HDMI cables, and blown out the HDMI port.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 1:36 PM

Yeah, that seems different. Unless someone else chimes in with a new idea, I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

3 replies

Jan 30, 2023 8:18 AM in response to DJshelfmushroom

The Apple TV background may show a heavily blurred and low contrast variant of the screen saver frame last seen, to have it be with a hint of color and more interesting than a flat gray background. Like the screen saver is a (static) thing in the background, without the sharpness to distract. That can be disabled if you want (Settings﹥Accessibility﹥Display﹥Reduce Transparency﹥On|Off).

It will be different each time, when a screen saver has been running.

apple tv 4k static and greean and purple splotches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.