Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV flashing green

This happened many times, when we are usually watching a movie for example, it would flash green for a millisecond before abruptly shutting off and restarting. Now I set it up for an update and it happened it the middle of it. not its not even shutting off or restarting its stuck at the updating screen. I have tried switching it to another display and even switched HDMI cables. Nothing is working. I've also tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. The problem still persists.

Thanks

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 8:19 AM

Hi Aary_D,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities! If you are unable to reset it and unplugging it did not force it to restart, you may have a hardware issue.

You'll want to reach out to Apple Support for service options. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach out to them here: Get Support.

Take Care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2022 8:19 AM in response to Aary_D

Hi Aary_D,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities! If you are unable to reset it and unplugging it did not force it to restart, you may have a hardware issue.

You'll want to reach out to Apple Support for service options. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach out to them here: Get Support.

Take Care!

Apple TV flashing green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.