Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New AirPods Pro won’t pair or connect

Brand new out of the box AirPods Pro will not pair or connect with my iphone.

I have latest software, have unpaired and “forgotten” my old pair in Bluetooth settings. No animation happens when opening the AirPods lid, and the light only constantly flashes white. Tried resetting AirPods Pro and no amber light ever appears—will only continue to flash white, even after holding the back button for ages. These have never been used and were purchased from Apple. Did I get a bad/ defective pair?

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 8:30 PM

Doug7592 Said:

"New AirPods Pro won’t pair or connect: Brand new out of the box AirPods Pro will not pair or connect with my iPhone.: [...]These have never been used and were purchased from Apple. Did I get a bad/ defective pair?"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Connectivity:

Before deeming them bad/defective, try the following. If if no success, then perform a return. What to try...

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2021 8:30 PM in response to Doug7592

Doug7592 Said:

"New AirPods Pro won’t pair or connect: Brand new out of the box AirPods Pro will not pair or connect with my iPhone.: [...]These have never been used and were purchased from Apple. Did I get a bad/ defective pair?"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Connectivity:

Before deeming them bad/defective, try the following. If if no success, then perform a return. What to try...

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

Nov 29, 2021 9:14 PM in response to Doug7592

Doug7592 Said:

"Yes, I know how to troubleshoot and find Apple Support on the web. Most of these are irrelevant as they are brand new and (as I said) won’t even show up as a device on my phone, and will not reset. And hopefully brand new AirPods Pro don’t come with ear wax on them."

-------

Returning them:

It's troubleshooting recommendations, on my part. Don't want to try what I've provided, then don't. So, if you are so concerned, then just return them.

New AirPods Pro won’t pair or connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.