Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

autofill not working ios 15.1

I don’t know exactly when autofill stopped working, but I get no suggestions for passwords or auto filling for forms. Autofill is turned on in settings for Safari for both “My Info” and credit cards and autofill for passwords is checked but no option for using them shows up. Any help would be appreciated.

iPad Pro 10.5”

ios 15.1

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 2:26 PM

This is due to the upgrade to ios15.1 which has deactivated accessory keyboard functions such as the cursor keys. I never needed to access the virtual keyboard to have the autofil functions work. They worked regardless of having an external keyboard.

please fix the upgrade fail with regard to your Apple keyboard and Logitech keyboards.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 2:26 PM in response to Nancy Schilling

This is due to the upgrade to ios15.1 which has deactivated accessory keyboard functions such as the cursor keys. I never needed to access the virtual keyboard to have the autofil functions work. They worked regardless of having an external keyboard.

please fix the upgrade fail with regard to your Apple keyboard and Logitech keyboards.

Mar 14, 2022 12:43 PM in response to AJ-Apple

This is definitely a bug that presents itself when using an external keyboard (I’m using Logitech). Auto fill always worked fine until this new OS version. I have confirmed that auto fill works when the external keyboard is disabled. I just upgraded to 15.3.1 a few days ago and have encountered so many bugs, including this one, which is probably one of the most problematic that I’ve found so far.

Note: Apple, if you happen to monitor these forums I’d like to suggest that you stop preventing users from rolling back to a previous version if they so choose. If the previous version is still supported and the current version is buggy and unstable, it is incredibly frustrating to be locked in with no ability to revert. I specifically backed up to my pc before upgrading for this very reason, only to find that you force an update after the restore completes. This absolutely discourages people from willingly installing your updates.

Nov 30, 2021 6:11 AM in response to Nancy Schilling

As a first step, a forced-restart of your iPad may be beneficial - as doing so will often resolve an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

autofill not working ios 15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.