Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Status of syncing music from laptop to devices

I have a large collection of music stored on my network (87K Songs). I recently subscribed to Apple Music and turned on Sync Library. For several days, I saw a message in the bottom right corner of Apple Music on my laptop that it was 'Updating Cloud Music Library.' That message no longer appears but, when I go to play a song from my collection on my iPhone, the song is there but is greyed out and I get a message saying 'This song is not synced across all devices.' The message further instructs me to turn on Sync Library in Apple Music preferences.

In Photos, I can see how many are currently waiting to be uploaded to iCloud. Is there a similar view somewhere in Music? Also, is there a way to restart the Music update process other than deselecting and then reselecting the Sync Library option?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 9:48 AM

To close the loop on this for posterity, you can see the status of your Apple Music Sync. Just click the spinning wheel in the bottom left corner and you will open a window showing how many songs are waiting to be uploaded.

Similar questions

9 replies

Status of syncing music from laptop to devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.