Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X call speaker doesn't work during calls, but it plays music.

Hi! My sister is having a problem with her iPhone X. She can't hear anything during calls from call speaker, so that she has to turn on main speaker to hear someone. It happens only during phone calls because when I played music from YouTube I could hear the call speaker playing. What can be an issue?

iPhone X

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 9:52 AM

Hello Kulach,

After reviewing your post, it seems like there is trouble hearing using the receiver during calls but works when using the speaker. We would recommend you use these articles to help troubleshoot the issue.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

Adjust the volume on iPhone

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 9:52 AM in response to Kulach

Hello Kulach,

After reviewing your post, it seems like there is trouble hearing using the receiver during calls but works when using the speaker. We would recommend you use these articles to help troubleshoot the issue.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

Adjust the volume on iPhone

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

iPhone X call speaker doesn't work during calls, but it plays music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.