Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NOTIFICATIONS

Hi

Why on my I-PHONE 12 PRO-MAX

When i get text messages from people on my contacts

only here sound notifications from certain people

not all notify me of a message?

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 11:48 AM

Hello Timmy283,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you don't receive text message sounds/alerts for all your income messages. We'll do our best to assist with this.

We'd review the following for notification issues: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

In case you have the default ringtone or other ringtones for specific contacts, we'd confirm that these ringtones are downloaded to the device itself. If it needs to stream the content, it may not always work as expected. You can find this out in the Settings app > Notifications > select the app like Messages > Sounds > and ensure 'Download All Purchased Tones' has been selected in the past or you can do it now to be sure.

Should it persist, does this only happen with specific contacts? Have you noticed anything similar with these contacts? Are they saved to your device? Are they synced with iCloud?

Hoping to hear back, take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 11:48 AM in response to timmy283

Hello Timmy283,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you don't receive text message sounds/alerts for all your income messages. We'll do our best to assist with this.

We'd review the following for notification issues: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

In case you have the default ringtone or other ringtones for specific contacts, we'd confirm that these ringtones are downloaded to the device itself. If it needs to stream the content, it may not always work as expected. You can find this out in the Settings app > Notifications > select the app like Messages > Sounds > and ensure 'Download All Purchased Tones' has been selected in the past or you can do it now to be sure.

Should it persist, does this only happen with specific contacts? Have you noticed anything similar with these contacts? Are they saved to your device? Are they synced with iCloud?

Hoping to hear back, take care.

NOTIFICATIONS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.