Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After the update when someone text me in their iPhone a notification that I have do not disturb for notifications appears to their screen ! I have no do not disturb and I am getting the texts ! What is happening ?

After the update when someone text me in their iPhone a notification that I have do not disturb for notifications appears to their screen ! I have no do not disturb and I am getting the texts ! What is happening ?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 7:41 AM

Hi there,

When do not disturb is active, you’ll still receive texts, you just won’t hear a notification. When you open messages, swipe left on the conversation of the contact who sees that you have so not disturb active and verify that you don’t have the conversation muted. You can also tap the contact name in messages and check if you have “share focus status” enabled here.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 7:41 AM in response to dimitrios168

Hi there,

When do not disturb is active, you’ll still receive texts, you just won’t hear a notification. When you open messages, swipe left on the conversation of the contact who sees that you have so not disturb active and verify that you don’t have the conversation muted. You can also tap the contact name in messages and check if you have “share focus status” enabled here.

Take care!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.