Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications when texting on iPhone SE

My friends with iPhones, including my husband who shares my plan, are telling me that when I text, it says my notifications are turned off. I can't for the life of me figure out where the setting is to fix that. I don't get the pings from my phone when they and others text me.

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 4:36 PM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2022 4:38 PM in response to betsycam4602

betsycam4602 wrote:

My friends with iPhones, including my husband who shares my plan, are telling me that when I text, it says my notifications are turned off. I can't for the life of me figure out where the setting is to fix that.

Share your Focus status 

When you set up a Focus, you can turn on Share Focus Status so that apps display to people who message you that you have notifications silenced. The apps only know that you have notifications silenced. Apps don't know which Focus you have turned on, so the name is never shared. Focus status is shared in apps when you have a Focus turned on and after you give an app permission. 

To turn Focus Status on: 

1. Go to Settings > Focus. 
  2. Select the Focus you set up. 
  3. Tap Focus Status, then turn it Off.

See the pic below

Notifications when texting on iPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.