Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo resolution

My photos in iCloud are compressed at lower resolution than originals on iCloud for Pc. How can I download elsewhere and restore full resolution. I’ve read suggestions on forums, but those don’t seem to work.

On my iPhone, I optimize storage, but it says right there that “full resolution versions can be downloaded from iCloud anytime.” Is this only true if my iCloud is on a Mac rather than PC? Thank you- I feel I have lost some hi res version of photos already of a dream vacation

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 3:01 PM

HI

Here is the definitive answer that worked for me-it seems to a PC browser issue.

Here are the instructions for downloading the full version of your files using incognito mode on Chrome. 1: Open Chrome 2. Navigate to the three dots in the upper-right corner. 3. Select “New Incognito window” 4. Log into iCloud as you usually would 5. Select the photos you want to download 6. Click and hold the download button (cloud symbol with arrow pointing down 7. Enjoy the uncompressed, full versions of your wonderful memories

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 3:01 PM in response to ASTRO24

HI

Here is the definitive answer that worked for me-it seems to a PC browser issue.

Here are the instructions for downloading the full version of your files using incognito mode on Chrome. 1: Open Chrome 2. Navigate to the three dots in the upper-right corner. 3. Select “New Incognito window” 4. Log into iCloud as you usually would 5. Select the photos you want to download 6. Click and hold the download button (cloud symbol with arrow pointing down 7. Enjoy the uncompressed, full versions of your wonderful memories

Dec 1, 2021 12:28 PM in response to Debsailorgal

Hi Debsailorgal,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you're not getting your high quality photos from iCloud Photos and you were able to review Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC.

Your photos are synced to iCloud and saved in a high resolution. To preserve device storage, you will see the lower resolution photo unless you download the photo from iCloud. Does the photo show in lower quality if you download it from a different device?

Feel free to add more details to this post.

Regards.

Photo resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.