Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to remove an Apple ID without resetting the iPhone?

My mother, whom has beginning stages of dementia, has and iPhone 6s. She loves using her phone for solitaire games, Facebook, calls & text. She somehow reset her AppleID with an email that is not hers. Her previous AppleID was my email with my password because i control her account. Her recovery phone number is her old phone number that is no longer in use for her nor do we have access to. I do not want to reset her phone for fear of her losing her contacts. I do not know when she last did an iCloud backup. We live together, I care for her and have power of attorney. Is there anyway to remove her AppleID without resetting her phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 10:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 7:38 AM

I do not think that it is possible to set an Apple ID email address to one to which you do not have access. As for setting it on an iPhone, she would have had to set the ID to a valid address and password. I don't know how I would do that even if I tried. In other words I'm likely misunderstanding something because what I understand you to say is not possible. :-)

All that into consideration, I personally think there's a lot of unknowns here and you might get better assistance by speaking with somebody from Apple who can ascertain the details.

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT201232

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 7:38 AM in response to bateymeg75

I do not think that it is possible to set an Apple ID email address to one to which you do not have access. As for setting it on an iPhone, she would have had to set the ID to a valid address and password. I don't know how I would do that even if I tried. In other words I'm likely misunderstanding something because what I understand you to say is not possible. :-)

All that into consideration, I personally think there's a lot of unknowns here and you might get better assistance by speaking with somebody from Apple who can ascertain the details.

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT201232

Is there a way to remove an Apple ID without resetting the iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.