Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New mail from a random Hide My Email address

Hey!

How do I send a new mail to a contact I don't know using Hide My Email?

I know how to create a new random address but I don't get the process to actually write the first email from that new random address. Am on a MacBook using Outlook but I could use any other software if necessary.

Hope my explanation is clear :-)

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 2:20 PM

Thanks for reaching out, polpez.

It sounds like you'd like to get started using Hide My Email, and we can definitely help.

Keep in mind that Hide My Email does not mask your actual email address for emails you send, but instead generates a unique email address for when you sign up with a new app or website so your personal credentials are not in their system. When you receive communication from these apps or websites, such as newsletters or marketing promotions, they are actually sent to the randomly generated email address which forwards them to you. If at any point you want to end your relationship with these apps and websites, you can turn the feature off and the randomly generated email stops working, and you stop receiving forwarded email.

More information in the article viewed before posting: What is Hide My Email?

Hope that helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 2:20 PM in response to polpez

Thanks for reaching out, polpez.

It sounds like you'd like to get started using Hide My Email, and we can definitely help.

Keep in mind that Hide My Email does not mask your actual email address for emails you send, but instead generates a unique email address for when you sign up with a new app or website so your personal credentials are not in their system. When you receive communication from these apps or websites, such as newsletters or marketing promotions, they are actually sent to the randomly generated email address which forwards them to you. If at any point you want to end your relationship with these apps and websites, you can turn the feature off and the randomly generated email stops working, and you stop receiving forwarded email.

More information in the article viewed before posting: What is Hide My Email?

Hope that helps!

New mail from a random Hide My Email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.