Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 7 GPS reading accuracy

I just switched from an Apple Watch Series 4 to a Series 7. I use my Apple Watch mostly for running. The main reason for switching was that the series 7 is supposed to have a better GPS accuracy, and also the always active display, witch is useful when running and checking the Watch. Today I did my first run, I use NRC (Nike Run Club) app, and I got HORRIBLE GPS readings. Not accurate at all. Let me share two pics, a previous run using my Series 4, and todays run using the Series 7. Just compare how horrible the Series 7 was. Is there something to be done? Is there a way to calibrate. The park where I run is an open space, and today was mostly sunny with scattered clouds.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 4:11 PM

This might help you --> Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

Is your watch a GPS only or GPS+ Cellular watch?

Similar questions

3 replies

Apple Watch Series 7 GPS reading accuracy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.