Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming services not working (Besides Youtube)

I've tried across multiple streaming services, Disney+, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and none of them are working correctly, except Youtube. What happens is the audio works perfectly fine but the video is just black, except for ads on Prime. I can see all the video controls and I can see video in the scrub bar but nothing actually displays.

I've tried turning off all my extensions and clearing cookies and all that jazz but I'm having no luck.

TIA

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 1:09 PM

Salutations to you Anorak33, 

We understand that when using streaming services via Safari, you’re not seeing any video. 

Please make sure your Mac has the latest version of macOS and Safari installed. You can verify that in Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update. 

Next, here are a few Safari specific steps - If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

Thanks.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 1:09 PM in response to Anorak33

Salutations to you Anorak33, 

We understand that when using streaming services via Safari, you’re not seeing any video. 

Please make sure your Mac has the latest version of macOS and Safari installed. You can verify that in Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update. 

Next, here are a few Safari specific steps - If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

Thanks.

Streaming services not working (Besides Youtube)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.