Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can No Longer Sync Wirelessly

I used to be able to sync my iPhone with iTunes on my PC wirelessly. I loved it, and usually did it a couple of times a day since I was trying to keep some playlists up to date.

It stopped working in September. My phone and computer still sync when I plug my phone into my computer, but the instant I unplug my phone, the icon disappears from iTunes.

Any and all help would be appreciated. I've tried the usual (turning things off), and the "Sync my phone wirelessly" is still checked in iTunes when my phone is plugged in. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes on my computer.

I've noticed that iTunes takes several minutes to open when I click on it in the morning. None of my other programs do. This hasn't changed after I reinstalled the program. I'm wondering if there is some setting on my computer that is messing with iTunes. Or, if there is a setting I am missing on my phone that is preventing the wireless syncing.

Thanks for your help.

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 1:08 PM

Hi there carstairs38,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with syncing your iPhone over Wi-Fi with your PC.

Get started here: Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Also, when you uninstalled iTunes, did you also remove its related components? Learn more here: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

Regards.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 1:08 PM in response to carstairs38

Hi there carstairs38,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with syncing your iPhone over Wi-Fi with your PC.

Get started here: Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Also, when you uninstalled iTunes, did you also remove its related components? Learn more here: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

Regards.

Dec 2, 2021 11:23 PM in response to Erica_S1

I followed the steps on the remove and reinstall iTunes link. However, I had none of the other programs on my computer, so it was just iTunes I could uninstall. I did that. And then I restarted my computer (the step I hadn't done before). That has fixed my problem for syncing wireless.

HOWEVER....

Now, all my playlists are gone. I've even deleted my entire iTunes library and tried to restore it from a backup I made tonight before I started the process. All my playlists are still gone, and my play count/history on my songs is gone as well.

Any way to get them back? I thought I did what I always do when I move my library over to a new computer. With the last couple of moves, that history and the playlists have come with me, but this time it didn't happen.

HELP!!!!

Can No Longer Sync Wirelessly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.