Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hp deskjet 1015 not working under MacOs Monterey

I recently bought a M1 MacBook Air. I updated to Monterey and installed my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1015 printer. Everything seems to be fine (The printer is recognized and installed just fine) But when I try to print nothing happens. Any error message, but the printer doesn't print anything.

I have an Intel MacBook Air with Monterey installed and the printer works just fine. Really frustrating.

Any Ideas? AFAIK I'm not the only one having this issue with the printers in Monterey.

Regards

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 12:35 AM

Have you tried everything here

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Palaikymas (LT)

including:

If none of the previous solutions work, the printer’s queue may be corrupted. Try deleting it and setting up your printer again.

If you still can’t print, reset the printing system.

You printer is not listed as Airprint compatible.

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 12:35 AM in response to Mario_Tinoco

Have you tried everything here

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Palaikymas (LT)

including:

If none of the previous solutions work, the printer’s queue may be corrupted. Try deleting it and setting up your printer again.

If you still can’t print, reset the printing system.

You printer is not listed as Airprint compatible.

Dec 2, 2021 9:12 AM in response to Mario_Tinoco

This could be a Rosetta problem, since you're on an M1. Did you verify that this printer is supported on Monterey and, if so, install the most recent HP drivers?

To get more details on what the error is, you can turn on cups debugging in Terminal:

cupsctl --debug-logging

repeat the failed print job, and then look in /var/log/cups/error_log for the failure. Searching on "filter" may help.

Hope this helps.

Dec 3, 2021 10:11 AM in response to Mario_Tinoco

Thank you, Mario.

The HP driver is crashing.

D [02/Dec/2021:22:57:06 -0600] [Job 2] PID 1176 (/Library/Printers/hp/cups/Inkjet9.driver/Contents/MacOS/Inkjet9) stopped with status 1.

I am not sure what to suggest, other than talking to HP. You could try removing that Inkjet driver, but I don't know if that will make things worse. Since that was one of the filters used for the job, I doubt that it will work. Sorry that I can't be of any help, but HP needs to address this.

hp deskjet 1015 not working under MacOs Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.