Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update iCloud+ billing information

Hello,

I received an e-mail that there is a problem with payment information and I should update the billing information. When I try to update, it still says it is declined and won't let update. How can I update then?

Thanks in advance.

Merlin

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 11:25 PM

2 replies

Dec 1, 2021 11:42 PM in response to merlin224

merlin224 Said:

"Cannot update iCloud+ billing information: Hello, I received an e-mail that there is a problem with payment information and I should update the billing information. When I try to update, it still says it is declined and won't let update. How can I update then? Thanks in advance. Merlin"

-------

That is a Scam.

Apple would never eMail you about there being a payment issues out of the blue. So, what you need to do is:

A. Report this to Apple:

B. Modifying your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

C. Contact your Financial Institution (Bank):

Let your bank know what has occurred. Consider changing you credit card to a new number. Use a new PIN.

Dec 2, 2021 3:13 AM in response to TheLittles

Thanks for the reply. Actually, Apple did send the e-mail and it is not phishing in that specific case, because I got the alert to my Iphone aswell that the payment is declined and payment method should be updated, see pictures attached.

Also, right after I had posted the question about the issue, the bank contacted me and asked if I had tried to make the payment. They said that it is their technical issue and that the payment was not accepted by the bank. Now the issue has been resolved. So, it was actually the bank, that did not allow the payment for technical reasons and therefore I could not update the credit card info.

Cannot update iCloud+ billing information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.