Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos

hi! So I always backup my phone and I recently had problems with my old phone and I backed it up completely and iCloud photos were on and everything was good, and then I exchanged that phone for a new one. I opened it and clicked on the most recent backup, and a lot of my photos were missing. Random ones too, not just from a specific date, but a whole chunk from each month. I went to iCloud.com and couldn’t find them there either. These are photos I would never delete, and I’m so worried because I need them! Is there a way to find them? Could they be hiding somewhere? The funny thing is some of the photos that are missing, transferred to a new phone during a previous backup, which tells me that they were backed up and on iCloud at one point, but where are they now?

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 6:18 PM

If you use iCloud photos, all of your photos are on device and in iCloud.com/photos. If you do not, then your photos are backed up in your backup provided that you have enough space to store the entire backup.

Photos would not be hiding, if you don't see them on iCloud.com/photos, or on your device, they do not exist. Check your recently deleted album. And, if you still have your old phone, your photos may be on it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 6:18 PM in response to Zaranazarova

If you use iCloud photos, all of your photos are on device and in iCloud.com/photos. If you do not, then your photos are backed up in your backup provided that you have enough space to store the entire backup.

Photos would not be hiding, if you don't see them on iCloud.com/photos, or on your device, they do not exist. Check your recently deleted album. And, if you still have your old phone, your photos may be on it.

iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.