Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notify.app pop up

I just used migration assistant to transfer everything from my old Mac to new Macbook pro. I keep getting a notification that pops up too quickly to read or answer from notify.app …. It pops up about every 1 minute.

anyone know how to fix this?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 7:24 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 11, 2021 4:42 PM in response to Jellomelody

I found out what notify.app is. It's running on/controlled by pharos which is what universities use to allow users to send files to their printers. I don't know why it decided recently to start popping up (and it's annoying as!) bc the last time I was at uni to print something was ages ago. The date I installed pharos was about the time I remember having to use a printer at the library and installing specific software before I could send my job to the printer.

Anyway, here's the path to get to notify.app

macintosh hd/Library/Application Support/Pharos/Notify.app

I got the information from https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253278454?answerId=256130741022&page=1

I saw Pharos had an uninstaller so I figured I'd uninstall it until I go back to uni in person, and BOOM, done. No more pharos or that bloody annoying notify.app. They'll likely have an update anyway. In my research to hunt down what pharos is I found a tiny tidbit of useless information: Pharos was developed by a company/individual in New Zealand.

Looking at the date pharos was installed aligns with the time I had to use a printer at the library and remember having to install specific software before I could send my file to the printer.

Here's an interesting and related article that shows how to check for user-level instances of an app https://www.macobserver.com/tips/quick-tip/macos-check-launchagents-malicious-software/

notify.app pop up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.