Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 pro Speaker Sound Issue

Hi, I am having issues with the speakerphone of my new iPhone13 pro. When I am on calls and switch the speaker on, the person on the other end of the call cannot hear me clearly. They complain my voice is breaking up or they have a hard time hearing me. This is not a network issue since the moment I switch the speakerphone off, the issue is resolved. I have experienced this issue about 8 out of 10 times, so, it is quite frequent. The speaker otherwise works fine and I have tried recording videos and voice memos and they play well on the speaker mode.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 10:25 PM

I just receive my Iphone13 and people on the other end are complaining that my phone is breaking up and they can barely hear me on speaker. Apple needs to fix this because this just recently started happening and it’s becoming annoying especially working from home. Please fixed it.

80 replies

Feb 14, 2022 7:14 AM in response to ND_2021

Hi!

I am struggling with the same issue! I have 13 pro max. At first I thought that it’s my friends phones problems. But after time I tried with different people using different SIM cards and everybody told me that my voice is breaking all the time when we try to speak in the same time. I can hear them but when they are talking they can’t hear my questions. like I was silent. At first I thought that people are ignoring me 🤣

I did everything what apple asked me to do. Then I gave it to apple service and they are saying everything is working perfectly fine. I showed them a problem in person when I went pick up my phone and they acknowledged the issue now and sent the iPhone to main Service… it’s so frustrating bc I have also 11 pro max and there is no issue, everybody can hear me perfectly fine!

if you read this please tell here about your similar problem! Maybe apple will take care of it when they see there is more people like that! 🤞🤞🤞

Feb 13, 2022 10:30 AM in response to ND_2021

I have had this same issue. When I did a search online, it sounds like the issue is very very common and has been since the iphone 13 pro first came out. There are countless articles on this as well. The upsetting thing is that despite how common this appears to be, Apple has not responded at all with any information on a fix to this issue. One article said it should be something an iOS update can resolve once Apple chooses to acknowledge it. Until then, the only fix is not to use the speaker phone. Very disappointing!

Feb 12, 2022 7:30 AM in response to ND_2021

I got my first 13 pro on launch day in the uk via O2. I established very quickly that there was a problem on speaker because I use my phone daily that way & everyone was complaining that I was cutting out. I had 3 replacement phones leaving 6 weeks in between sending phone 3 back & ordering another one. Still the same issue. That too was returned so back to my XS. Sadly Apple don’t appear to admit there is even a fault & whilst I really do need an upgrade, I am not having a phone that isn’t fit for purpose. Surely it doesn’t take 5 months to resolve an issue like this? Come on Apple. Please sort before your customers go elsewhere!

Mar 23, 2022 7:55 PM in response to ND_2021

Having the same issue. Got iPhone 13 Pro Max a month ago. Been to Verizon twice and swapped out today for a new phone. Same issue - speakerphone cuts out when there is a hint of background noise. VERY frustrating for an $1100 phone.

Apple took away noise cancellation in the 13 models, so there are no settings to adjust either per prior reply.

Dec 29, 2021 8:56 AM in response to anna2662stars

Make sure you are talking towards the mic at the lightning port end with phone within arms length to avoid the noise cancelling cutting in. (it can be turned off in Settings, Accessibility, Audio visual)

If it still malfunctions after that take it in or send it in for repair .

You can reach out to Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: contact Apple Support 

Dec 4, 2021 9:07 AM in response to ND_2021

Make sure you are talking towards the mic at the lightning port end with phone within arms length to avoid the noise cancelling cutting in. (it can be turned off in Settings, Accessibility, Audio visual)

If it still malfunctions after that take it in or send it in for repair .

You can reach out to Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: contact Apple Support 

Dec 4, 2021 9:05 AM in response to ND_2021

Same exact issue on iPhone 13. . Didn’t notice at first until started using the speakerphone more. No issue on XSMax previously owned. I still have it and swapped sims to check. Definite issue on this phone. I’ll be bringing this back to the apple store for a demo next week and demanding a refund. Had the phone over the 15 day grace but this is a hardware/software design or manufacturing issue.

Dec 28, 2021 7:06 PM in response to LD150

I am having the same exact issue when using the speaker on iPhone 13 blue. Just got it on 11/29/2021 & didn’t activate it for 2 weeks after that.

When on a call on speaker others will say that phone is breaking up but it’s fine when I switch to earpiece.

This has been an issue from day one! I have called customer service/support & have been told to update twice, restore from iTunes, contact carrier, etc.

When talking to customer support they act as if this is my issue but thanks to this forum I know for sure that it is not.

Last rep said I could send in for repair or pay a service fee $31 to replace for an issue that is related to this phone hardware/software issue.

I have tried the suggestion from this forum, didn’t resolve issue.

Will call carrier to see if I will have to pay activation fee again if I get another phone.

This has been so aggravating!

Feb 8, 2022 9:57 AM in response to sim4l

Using Bluetooth does not have the issue.

its a hardware/software problem. They don’t even have the same settings controls for ambient noise as previous iPhones using the same IOS. It’s pathetic. I’m sure they know about it and can’t fix it. Slow roll hoping people put up with it and buy another phone!! I went to the apple store after I first posted and they replaced the entire back of the phone which according to them included the speakers etc. I’ve had it a few weeks since and it’s no different. Phone bought in August. Always had the problem. I’m working with my bank to have my credit card purchase refunded and they can deal with Apple. I’m so sick of their nonsense.

iPhone 13 pro Speaker Sound Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.