Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What software update is being request when I am trying to connect my iPhone to my MacBook Pro? I am currently running 10.12.06 and will not upgrade anymore as I will loose all of my graphic programs. My iPhone is running iOS 15.1, what am I to do?

What software update is being request when I am trying to connect my iPhone to my MacBook Pro? I am currently running 10.12.06 and will not upgrade anymore as I will loose all of my graphic programs. My iPhone is running iOS 15.1, what am I to do?

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 2:09 PM

Thee might be some sort of update Officially offered by Apple fro this computer to be able to understand the newest version of iOS on the iPhone / iPad.

It is totally legitimate update from Apple and not sure of it is offered via an iTunes update or for a component of iTunes .

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 2:09 PM in response to SonicSean

Thee might be some sort of update Officially offered by Apple fro this computer to be able to understand the newest version of iOS on the iPhone / iPad.

It is totally legitimate update from Apple and not sure of it is offered via an iTunes update or for a component of iTunes .

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.