Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a Late 2014 iMac as display for M1 Macbook Pro?

I just discovered that I can't upgrade my beloved iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) with Monterey. I have an M1 MacBook Pro. Is there a way to use the iMac as the primary display with the MacBook? Most of my work is with FCPX and I need the bigger screen yet the new Cinematic features won't work without Monterey.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 9:51 AM

I would recommend looking over Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support to see what did work. Please remember, Macs are computers they are not and have were never intended to be external displays for other devices. In your situation, you need an external display to connect to your MBP.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 9:51 AM in response to Steve Sweitzer

I would recommend looking over Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support to see what did work. Please remember, Macs are computers they are not and have were never intended to be external displays for other devices. In your situation, you need an external display to connect to your MBP.

Can I use a Late 2014 iMac as display for M1 Macbook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.