Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch screen issues while charging

When I charge my iphone 13 pro, touch screen doesn't work well and it's unresponsive. Very often I can't unlock my phone and keyboard doesn't work well. I tried to reset the phone, but it is still not working. Please help me.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 7:50 AM

Same issue. Brand new (2022-05-07) iPhone 13 Pro Max, magsafe case with HOLE for charging cable. With case on, and charger plugged in, touch screen is horrible. Take the case off and touch screen is normal. This is a terrible design flaw. Shame on you Apple! If the case is designed to ONLY allow mag safe charging then do NOT put a hole where the charging cable goes

67 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2022 7:50 AM in response to brunomelobr

Same issue. Brand new (2022-05-07) iPhone 13 Pro Max, magsafe case with HOLE for charging cable. With case on, and charger plugged in, touch screen is horrible. Take the case off and touch screen is normal. This is a terrible design flaw. Shame on you Apple! If the case is designed to ONLY allow mag safe charging then do NOT put a hole where the charging cable goes

Aug 6, 2022 6:50 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

What if it happens with every cable I try? I have multiple cables, all new and authentic, and every time I plug my phone in, to any cable, the touch screen stops working. I have the latest iOS update, I have removed the case and screen protector, and I even took my phone to an Apple store to be checked and they said it is not a hardware problem. Every time, every single cable.

Dec 4, 2021 1:48 PM in response to tjan123

Hey there tjan123,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you're experiencing touch screen issues on your iPhone 13 Pro. We'd be happy to help out.

We would recommend trying out the steps in this article first: If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad. This includes removing any of those mentioned accessories from your device to rule out interference with your display.

If the behavior remains, and this is more-so related to delays while using your keyboard, the latest release of iOS may help resolve that. If you need to update, this article will help guide you through updating: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best regards.

May 9, 2022 7:53 AM in response to ps3252

ps3252 wrote:

No, either you have a defective CABLE or the case is not an Apple case, but is a counterfeit. See→Why Counterfeit Lightning Cables Kill iPhones - Motherboard

Apr 18, 2022 8:02 AM in response to KiltedTim

Currently unavailable at my local store. Plus just wondering if its something Apple actually configured so people would purchase the apple accessories? Because Samsung product should be fine according to multiple sources. Do you know if Anker adapter is expected to have the same issue? Found a couple of online recommendations:)

Touch screen issues while charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.