Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Space-bar for QuickView stopped working

Ever since upgrading to Monterey Quickview stopped working.

Previously, if I went to an image and hit the spacebar the image would open up to a satisfactory size. I could further resize it by dragging the corner and the image would resize accordingly.

However, now when I click the spacebar the image opens much smaller with only a thumbnail version and not the previous blown up version and doesn't resize. I have to then open it with Preview.app to get a proper view of it. This is of course an extra step and tedious. I loved and need the previous handy Quickview function I loved about OSX more than anything else.

I'm on Monterey + mac mini M1

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 12:30 AM

Just found this thread...seems I'm not the only one with this issue since upgrading to Monterey

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253301518

As per the suggestion:

• Option + Control
  • Click on the Finder icon in the dock
  • Choose Relaunch Finder

Result: QuickLook is working as before. Let's see if the solution holds but glad to have QuickLook restored.

Thanks and kudos to dialabrain for this how-to-fix.

Still curious why Monterey broke QuickLook as it's an essential feature of OSX as far as I'm concerned and if there are any other deeper root-cause fixes, in case the above proves superficial and temporary.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 12:30 AM in response to armaroque

Just found this thread...seems I'm not the only one with this issue since upgrading to Monterey

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253301518

As per the suggestion:

• Option + Control
  • Click on the Finder icon in the dock
  • Choose Relaunch Finder

Result: QuickLook is working as before. Let's see if the solution holds but glad to have QuickLook restored.

Thanks and kudos to dialabrain for this how-to-fix.

Still curious why Monterey broke QuickLook as it's an essential feature of OSX as far as I'm concerned and if there are any other deeper root-cause fixes, in case the above proves superficial and temporary.

Space-bar for QuickView stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.