Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quickview Not Responding As Expected

Hello everyone,

Just got Monterey loaded and I'm having trouble with Quickview. Usually when you press spacebar on a file (photo/video/etc) it opens a preview window that goes away when you press spacebar again. Others have reported that all they are seeing is a thumbnail when they hit spacebar. When I do it either does nothing or opens the supporting program. Which is extremely frustrating when trying to just view 1 of 300 or so RAW images per folder!

Is it a bug, or some setting I have wrong somewhere? Perhaps in Accessibility?: Sometimes in List view, pressing spacebar makes the file disappear from the browser window until I switch sorting methods. Once it does open a video file for example parts of the Quicktime UI (Play button here) will stay up over the video as shown in the attached screenshot:

This is happening on a new (October 2021) 14" MacBook Pro with M1 Max chip

My troubleshooting thus far: restarting, restarting Finder, and quitting the actual Quickview process in Activity Monitor. Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading!

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 8:00 AM

I would just delete the post if I could! But I think I solved my issue, I had 'Enable Full Keyboard Access' selected in Accessibility settings, once I turned that off Quicklook (not Quickview 😅) acts as expected. Still not exactly sure how that feature works but at least I'm not going crazy anymore!

Similar questions

1 reply

Quickview Not Responding As Expected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.