You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Won't Play Music in Car with USB

After the update (iOS 15), my iPhone 12 won't play music in the car via the USB cord. My car will only allow Bluetooth for phone calls. That's it, so I have to use the USB cord. I switched out the cords, restarted my phone -- basically everything that I've read/basic no-brainer things.

The weird thing is, my phone will *charge* when hooked to the USB cord, but won't play music. My car doesn't even bring up "Ashley's iPhone" anymore. It's like it doesn't recognize the software. This is super annoying because I like to jam out on my long drive to work in the morning. Does anyone have any other helpful tips? (I also checked in settings and my equalizer is off in the Music app, so it's not that). I almost want to start over and *not* download the new update, haha. Anyway, has this happened to anyone else? If so, does anyone have any advice? I would appreciate it.

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 2:32 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 5, 2021 10:56 AM in response to AshNicole87

Hi AshNicole87,

It appears that after updating to iOS 15, you're no longer to listen to music via USB from your iPhone 12 to your car. You've taken some great steps already with your iPhone and cable. Were you able to try the steps below, from the following article? How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support

"Connect using USB playback

1. Restart your device and your car.
  2. Make sure that your device is unlocked and on the Home screen.
  3. If possible, try to connect using another cable or USB port. Check the manual that came with your car to learn how to connect an Apple device.
  4. Check your charging port for any debris or damage. Make sure that your charging cable is properly inserted into the port.
  5. Update your device.
  6. Make sure that your stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.
  7. Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, contact Apple Support."

Best wishes to you.

iPhone 12 Won't Play Music in Car with USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.