Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

I'm not sure if I have ever been so frustrated with a company in my life. 3 weeks ago, my son (12 y.o.) changed the password and passcode on his phone and unfortunately forgot what it was. He tried by guessing and the result was that the phone was locked. Talked with Apple. They said to submit information to get the Activation lock removed. I was told probably 13 days. I guess - I'm not sure - that this was also for password recovery. In the meantime, the phone was useless. Today I was informed that the password lock now has an ADDITIONAL 27 DAYS until it can be removed. Regarding the activation lock - NOBODY at Apple can tell me when, if ever, it will be removed. Could be another month - who knows. Nobody at Apple can even tell me if they are working on the issue! I could be sitting here with an expensive phone for months and not know what is happening. Does anyone know of a way to resolve this? (We have a ton of Apple products at home and in my business - will be the last one that I get if I can't get this resolved.)

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 9:11 PM

If nobody at Apple can tell you, we certainly can not, sorry. We're just users like you and all we know is what's in Apple's documentation and what you're hearing sounds typical of what others have reported. It sounds like you are dealing with two separate services:

Activation Lock support request

https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 9:11 PM in response to jmm1229

If nobody at Apple can tell you, we certainly can not, sorry. We're just users like you and all we know is what's in Apple's documentation and what you're hearing sounds typical of what others have reported. It sounds like you are dealing with two separate services:

Activation Lock support request

https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.