Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded apps don’t save to iPhone home screen

I am downloading apps that show up in the App Store but not saving on my iPhone 12 Home Screen. To access the app, I have to go back to the App Store. It is not in a folder either.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 5:25 PM

You mean the App Library I assume?

Settings > Home Screen, check Add to Home Screen

Also, you can move them out from the App Library onto the Home Screen:

From your Home Screen, swipe left until you get to the App Library.

Swipe downward and you'll get an alphabetical list of your apps.

Locate the app in the list or type the app name into the search field

Once you've located the app, tap/hold then drag it and it'll pop out to your Home Screen

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 5:25 PM in response to DrinkH2027

You mean the App Library I assume?

Settings > Home Screen, check Add to Home Screen

Also, you can move them out from the App Library onto the Home Screen:

From your Home Screen, swipe left until you get to the App Library.

Swipe downward and you'll get an alphabetical list of your apps.

Locate the app in the list or type the app name into the search field

Once you've located the app, tap/hold then drag it and it'll pop out to your Home Screen

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

Dec 5, 2021 5:26 PM in response to DrinkH2027

It is definitely on a page of your Home screen if you downloaded it. Newly downloaded apps will be placed on the first available space on the first page of the Home screen that has an open space. They are never put into folders. If all of the pages of your Home screen are full it will still be placed in the App Library, which is the last page of your Home screen, and you can find it on that page by tapping Search to show the alphabetical list of your apps.

Dec 5, 2021 5:32 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

It is definitely on a page of your Home screen if you downloaded it. Newly downloaded apps will be placed on the first available space on the first page of the Home screen that has an open space.

Hi Lawrence!

FYI, if Settings > Home Screen > Newly Downloaded Apps has App Library Only checked.. downloaded apps will not appear on your Home Screen. I believe Setting came with iOS 14 & the App Library

Downloaded apps don’t save to iPhone home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.