Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Macbook Air 2020 Charging Ridiculously Slow

My MacBook doesn't really charge. When it's plugged in, it only charges 1% per day. Yes, you read that correctly, 1% per day. To keep using it, I have to keep it plugged in at all times. When I go to Battery Preferences, it says it will be fully charged in over 20 hours. This is strange as it used to be fully charged in a little under 3 hours. I ran a System Diagnostics and no issues were reported. Also, I've unplugged the charger, restarted the computer and plugged it in again but the issue continues. Also, on CoconutBattery it says charging with 0.11 watts even though I'm using the standard 30W charger that came with the computer. Hoping someone can help me resolve this issue.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 7:55 PM

Try changing the charger; this may be the problem. Also go to 'System Information' (Spotlight << 'System Information << Enter) and click on the power tab. See if that info differs from what Coconut Battery says.

Similar questions

1 reply

M1 Macbook Air 2020 Charging Ridiculously Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.