Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data transfer from old to new iMac

I did as directed to use Migration Assistant to transfer data from old iMac to new iMac. 63hrs later still transferring with no end in sight. Tried Airdrop instead but applications like Word and Excel became corrupted and I had to purchase new. Still don't have my Photos data or Safari data/bookmarks and attendant albums/folders. suggestions?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 12:33 PM

You did not say exactly how use executed Migration Assistant. If you used a cable between computers or Wi-Fi it likely failed. Please follow the steps for Migration Assistant in Setup Assistant and Migration Assistant. They work every time. If you do not have a Time Machine backup from your old Mac then create one!!!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2021 12:33 PM in response to AMauro2

You did not say exactly how use executed Migration Assistant. If you used a cable between computers or Wi-Fi it likely failed. Please follow the steps for Migration Assistant in Setup Assistant and Migration Assistant. They work every time. If you do not have a Time Machine backup from your old Mac then create one!!!

Data transfer from old to new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.