Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No iCloud Drive on new 2021 MacBook Pro 16

Hi, I have a huge problem. I have a new MacBook Pro 16 with M1 max chip from 2021. After installing the system and using the same iCloud Apple ID's my MacBook Pro does not show my iCloud files.

I turned off iCloud and on again. Now the iCloud drive says configure iCloud.

No contact to iCloud Drive.

Would be great to get some help.

thx. F.

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 10:04 AM

Hi, I found a solution which helped me. I will share my solution with you and hope you will also be a lucky user after the next steps.

1. I checked my network. Just to see if Proxy or TCP/IP is different to know that my MBP is the same like my iMac
  2. I created a new WLAN managed by my iMac. In this case I am using all the network rights from my iMac. The router can not use internal rules which could block my MBP.
  3. I opened system prefs network / options / tcpip and renewed the lease of the DHCP Networkaddress
  4. Then I copied one file to iCloud Drive and waited for 15 minutes.
  5. My MBP started synching. I waited until all files were synched. After that I made a restart and used the normal WLAN again and TADAAAAAAAA – the new MBP is doing what I expected. Syncing from and to iCloud Drive.

In addition you can try to turn on or off private relay. This can also be helpful.

This helped me and I hope in your case too.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 10:04 AM in response to FLYINGFOX23

Hi, I found a solution which helped me. I will share my solution with you and hope you will also be a lucky user after the next steps.

1. I checked my network. Just to see if Proxy or TCP/IP is different to know that my MBP is the same like my iMac
  2. I created a new WLAN managed by my iMac. In this case I am using all the network rights from my iMac. The router can not use internal rules which could block my MBP.
  3. I opened system prefs network / options / tcpip and renewed the lease of the DHCP Networkaddress
  4. Then I copied one file to iCloud Drive and waited for 15 minutes.
  5. My MBP started synching. I waited until all files were synched. After that I made a restart and used the normal WLAN again and TADAAAAAAAA – the new MBP is doing what I expected. Syncing from and to iCloud Drive.

In addition you can try to turn on or off private relay. This can also be helpful.

This helped me and I hope in your case too.

No iCloud Drive on new 2021 MacBook Pro 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.