Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AMC Plus Annual Subscription not working on Apple TV.

I paid for the annual subscription for AMC Plus and it won’t connect with my Apple TV. I go to the AMC PLUS channel to link it and it asks me to subscribe and pay.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 1:58 AM

If you started the subscription outside the Apple TV app, then you will need to view it in the separate AMC+ app. The Apple TV app Channel AMC+ is for subscriptions started inside the Apple TV app.

These types of subscriptions have different terms and conditions, different perks and limitations, and are not exchangeable without canceling and re-subscribing. Apple TV app Channel subscriptions have no annual plan (except for Apple TV+).

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 1:58 AM in response to JadedRA

If you started the subscription outside the Apple TV app, then you will need to view it in the separate AMC+ app. The Apple TV app Channel AMC+ is for subscriptions started inside the Apple TV app.

These types of subscriptions have different terms and conditions, different perks and limitations, and are not exchangeable without canceling and re-subscribing. Apple TV app Channel subscriptions have no annual plan (except for Apple TV+).

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

Jan 13, 2022 10:22 AM in response to Urquhart1244

i had the exact same issue. spent time with apple customer service (they couldnt figure it out- thought it was an amc issue) and submitted a ticket to amc plus over a week ago and no one got back to me, and they have no phone number to contact anybody. its been super frustrating!! but i read this response and it didnt dawn on me that through my apple tv there are 2 amc plus apps. there is an amc app witin the apple tv app, and one on my apple tv outside the apple tv app. i did subscribe through the apple tv app this time , though last year i had a subscription through amc plus directly which i cancelled. i just went to the apple tv app now on my apple tv app and found the amc plus app within that app and it worked!! you have saved me weeks of frustration. thank you so much !!!

Feb 13, 2022 10:18 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I don’t really consider this to be a “solution”.

How is this any different than subscribing to discovery plus or prime? I get that integration with the Apple TV plus app?

if Apple truly wants this app to be the primary interface for viewing then they should allow your login to the app be an option to the integration… at least provide the ability to disable the link to order amc plus when an account to a streaming service exist on the device so that it does not get accidentally ordered.

Feb 13, 2022 4:13 PM in response to Urquhart1244

My point was that both discovery plus and prime subscriptions that I made outside of the apple universe has its programming integrated with Appletv by way of account authentication but the amc plus programming is somehow identified differently.

I just see why it was treated different than other apps that allow you to authenticate .

it looks like this is just a sounding board and not a place to actually resolve issues. Checking out.

Dec 7, 2021 1:25 PM in response to JadedRA

Aside from the Channels, select apps on Apple TV box, iPhone, or iPad can connect to the Apple TV app for inclusion in Watch Now, Up Next, and in-app Search. The actual playback happens through the separate app, but it is quite seamless as shows can start from the Apple TV app. Such is supported for HBO Max and the listed others.

Availability of supported apps in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Set which Apple TV channels and apps share content with the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Feb 13, 2022 1:51 PM in response to stevefromrocklin

I don’t really consider this to be a “solution”.

The OP considered his|her question solved. Nothing more.

How is this any different than subscribing to discovery plus or prime?

Actually Amazon Prime also resells Channels like AMC+, Discovery+ for use through the Prime app only, and not exchangeable with the separate AMC+ or Discovery+ apps.

AMC Plus Annual Subscription not working on Apple TV.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.