Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I WORK CAN'T INSTALL

I recently updated to Catalina and I want to install Iwork in the app store, but it can't be installed because it requires a higher update. Is there any way to install the pages, numbers, keynote besides on the purchase tab in app store because I don't have any.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 8:19 AM

If you had Pages/Numbers/Keynote installed prior to the upgrade to Catalina, you might be able to get the latest compatible version for Catalina.

Launch the Mac App Store with the same Apple ID as you used to obtain these applications previously. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased panel. First, locate Pages and select the Update or cloud symbol (whichever is present). You will initially receive a dialog that you need a newer version of macOS, and after clicking OK, another dialog may appear offering to install the last compatible version of Pages for Catalina (v11.1). If this works, repeat it for Numbers and Keynote.

If the second paragraph does not work, there will be no means to get Pages v10.2 - v11.1 for Catalina, and you will need to use Pages for iCloud, or compatible Pages for your iOS/iPadOS installation.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 8:19 AM in response to lilacmac

If you had Pages/Numbers/Keynote installed prior to the upgrade to Catalina, you might be able to get the latest compatible version for Catalina.

Launch the Mac App Store with the same Apple ID as you used to obtain these applications previously. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased panel. First, locate Pages and select the Update or cloud symbol (whichever is present). You will initially receive a dialog that you need a newer version of macOS, and after clicking OK, another dialog may appear offering to install the last compatible version of Pages for Catalina (v11.1). If this works, repeat it for Numbers and Keynote.

If the second paragraph does not work, there will be no means to get Pages v10.2 - v11.1 for Catalina, and you will need to use Pages for iCloud, or compatible Pages for your iOS/iPadOS installation.

I WORK CAN'T INSTALL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.