Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cracking sound and popping before 12.0.1 update

I just bought at bet buy an MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 
16 GB ram 1 TB.

After updating the sisem 12.0.1 the left speaker sounds broken and just before updating I 
was listening to music in a normal way without strange sounds.

I need to know how I can proceed to resolve this issue since apparently it already happened 
with macos catalina

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 7:13 PM

Hello, I have followed those steps and I have not had improvement in the audio. The sound 
from the left speaker makes a bass noise just like the speaker was broken.

this is the issue:

With any application or music the vibration is perceived and in the same way even when turning
on the computer with the startup sound it is perceived.

what should I do? Is it a new computer that i has payed $ 3,000 and has not lasted a month
working well?

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 7:13 PM in response to bbesspete

Hello, I have followed those steps and I have not had improvement in the audio. The sound 
from the left speaker makes a bass noise just like the speaker was broken.

this is the issue:

With any application or music the vibration is perceived and in the same way even when turning
on the computer with the startup sound it is perceived.

what should I do? Is it a new computer that i has payed $ 3,000 and has not lasted a month
working well?

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Dec 8, 2021 8:55 AM in response to Toto_Quezada

Hello, Toto_Quezada.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that the audio from your MacBook Pro is not working as expected after updating macOS.

Is this only occurring in a specific app? Try testing in another app to see if the issue occurs elsewhere.

We also recommend a reset of the NVRAM:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes! Take care.

cracking sound and popping before 12.0.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.