Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing playlists formerly on ITunes

I am unable to access my playlists, or even see if they exist, on Apple Music. How do I access them?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 12:11 PM

I assume the computer was previously running Mojave or earlier at some point and is now running Big Sur. When you upgraded to Catalina or later your iTunes library should have been converted automatically into a Music library. Since that appears not to have happened you can try doing that now.

Press and hold down option as you launch Music. You will be asked to choose or create a library. Click choose, browse to and open your old iTunes Library.itl file, typically in ~/Music/iTunes. Next choose a location to save the converted Music library. The standard location for this is ~/Music/Music, so you might want to delete or rename this folder first. Music will import the songs, music videos and playlists from your iTunes library. Other content will be ignored. You can repeat with the TV app for other video content.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 12:11 PM in response to patti231

I assume the computer was previously running Mojave or earlier at some point and is now running Big Sur. When you upgraded to Catalina or later your iTunes library should have been converted automatically into a Music library. Since that appears not to have happened you can try doing that now.

Press and hold down option as you launch Music. You will be asked to choose or create a library. Click choose, browse to and open your old iTunes Library.itl file, typically in ~/Music/iTunes. Next choose a location to save the converted Music library. The standard location for this is ~/Music/Music, so you might want to delete or rename this folder first. Music will import the songs, music videos and playlists from your iTunes library. Other content will be ignored. You can repeat with the TV app for other video content.

tt2

Missing playlists formerly on ITunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.