Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac has issue reinstalling original Sierra is after factory reset

I had to reset my Mac to erase my information (to return it to the place of purchase). I am trying to install the Mac OS Sierra (that it came with) but keep getting an error message saying there was an error while preparing installation and please try the application again.

I keep trying but nothing different happens.

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 6:22 AM

Was this method from Apple used to Wipe the drive >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac

Then the next step would be also from Apple >> How to reinstall macOS and Active and functioning Internet Connect is required to connect to Apple Servers. For best results connect using an Ethernet Cable to Router

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.
  • Allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart and show a progress bar several times, and the screen might be empty for minutes at a time.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 6:22 AM in response to kreichard2

Was this method from Apple used to Wipe the drive >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac

Then the next step would be also from Apple >> How to reinstall macOS and Active and functioning Internet Connect is required to connect to Apple Servers. For best results connect using an Ethernet Cable to Router

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.
  • Allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart and show a progress bar several times, and the screen might be empty for minutes at a time.

Mac has issue reinstalling original Sierra is after factory reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.