Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My debit card was stolen can I use apple gift card to pay?

My debit card was stolen I’m waiting for a replacement can I use Apple gift card to pay?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 2:11 AM

Hi,

You can absolutely use an Apple Gift Card to pay for your purchases, when all of the following apply:

Note: these conditions apply only to this specific question, and should only be referenced when wanting to set your payment method to ‘None’ on your Apple ID.

• you are planning to redeem the gift card to your Apple ID balance, where it can be used towards purchases within the iTS and Apple Online Store.
  • there are no active subscription renewals, including iCloud+ Storage tied to your Apple ID account
  • you are not the Organizer of Family Sharing
  • you have successfully removed the primary payment method from the Apple ID, now that is is no longer a valid payment

If you can't remove your last payment method or use no payment method with your Apple ID

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 2:11 AM in response to Jacqinportland

Hi,

You can absolutely use an Apple Gift Card to pay for your purchases, when all of the following apply:

Note: these conditions apply only to this specific question, and should only be referenced when wanting to set your payment method to ‘None’ on your Apple ID.

• you are planning to redeem the gift card to your Apple ID balance, where it can be used towards purchases within the iTS and Apple Online Store.
  • there are no active subscription renewals, including iCloud+ Storage tied to your Apple ID account
  • you are not the Organizer of Family Sharing
  • you have successfully removed the primary payment method from the Apple ID, now that is is no longer a valid payment

If you can't remove your last payment method or use no payment method with your Apple ID

My debit card was stolen can I use apple gift card to pay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.