Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gift Card Deception

I ordered an iphone SE on Black Friday by selecting the gift card option, then purchasing the iphone. I did not receive the $50 gift card and contacted Apple. After hours of trying to get to the bottom of it with Apple, they are saying it only applies to unlocked iphones. Yet, the Apple website clearly states that all iphones are unlocked when buying from Apple. It seems obvious that this gift card offer is extremely and intentionally deceptive. I've been an iphone fan and owner since the original iphone was introduced and a Mac fan for even longer. But I feel they've become greedy and there are better options from more ethical companies. I think I'm done with Apple.

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 9:22 AM

Many people, including me, fail to read the terms and conditions of offers like these. Apple does state that the offer is not good on carrier locked phones.

This is copied from the link that I pasted below.

Customers purchasing eligible iPhone devices via financing in Apple Store locations are also eligible to receive a Promotion Product, in each case an Apple Gift Card, as set out above. iPhone devices purchased from apple.com, 1-800-MY-APPLE, and the Apple Store app via Citizens financing or carrier-connected iPhone devices (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile) do not qualify for this promotion. iPhone devices purchased via the iPhone Upgrade Program in Apple Store locations or from apple.com do not qualify for this promotion.

Terms & Conditions - Shopping Event - Apple

I mentioned in another thread that last year, I stayed away from Apple’s gift card promos, because I was confused about the wording that stated that the buyer is charged for the gift card. Sometimes the T&C can be a bit overwhelming, but you have to read them first.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 9:22 AM in response to TJE321

Many people, including me, fail to read the terms and conditions of offers like these. Apple does state that the offer is not good on carrier locked phones.

This is copied from the link that I pasted below.

Customers purchasing eligible iPhone devices via financing in Apple Store locations are also eligible to receive a Promotion Product, in each case an Apple Gift Card, as set out above. iPhone devices purchased from apple.com, 1-800-MY-APPLE, and the Apple Store app via Citizens financing or carrier-connected iPhone devices (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile) do not qualify for this promotion. iPhone devices purchased via the iPhone Upgrade Program in Apple Store locations or from apple.com do not qualify for this promotion.

Terms & Conditions - Shopping Event - Apple

I mentioned in another thread that last year, I stayed away from Apple’s gift card promos, because I was confused about the wording that stated that the buyer is charged for the gift card. Sometimes the T&C can be a bit overwhelming, but you have to read them first.

Gift Card Deception

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.