Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Friday promotion 2021

I bought an iPhone 12 on 28Nov2021 which supposedly came with a 50$ gift card. I have not received this gift card & have called repeatedly. The sales rep I spoke with was literally grasping at straws as to why I do not qualify. He has noted, now, that I do not qualify because I financed the phone through Verizon. His initial response was that I did not buy the phone unlocked. There is nothing in the terms about buying a phone unlocked or financing through a carrier. This is a scam. Period.

is there an honest Apple employee who reads this post & who can provide me with the gift card I deserve? I have learned my lesson & will never buy directly from Apple again.

iPhone 12

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 5:44 PM

According to T&C of the promotion…

Customers purchasing eligible iPhone devices via financing in Apple Store locations are also eligible to receive a Promotion Product, in each case an Apple Gift Card, as set out above. iPhone devices purchased from apple.com, 1-800-MY-APPLE, and the Apple Store app via Citizens financing or carrier-connected iPhone devices (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile) do not qualify for this promotion. iPhone devices purchased via the iPhone Upgrade Program in Apple Store locations or from apple.com do not qualify for this promotion.

Terms & Conditions - Shopping Event - Apple

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 5:44 PM in response to Sooziejoi

According to T&C of the promotion…

Customers purchasing eligible iPhone devices via financing in Apple Store locations are also eligible to receive a Promotion Product, in each case an Apple Gift Card, as set out above. iPhone devices purchased from apple.com, 1-800-MY-APPLE, and the Apple Store app via Citizens financing or carrier-connected iPhone devices (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile) do not qualify for this promotion. iPhone devices purchased via the iPhone Upgrade Program in Apple Store locations or from apple.com do not qualify for this promotion.

Terms & Conditions - Shopping Event - Apple

Dec 8, 2021 4:36 AM in response to Demo

This is bullshit. That sentence is buried way down, at the end of the T & C. Apple has mislead many, many people. If I was the only customer who did not see that paragraph, ok, shame on me. But from my research I am far from alone in realizing this scam. Shame on you Apple, for luring people in to buy products & then slithering your way out of your end of the deal.

I have learned my lesson & will never fall for any Apple promotion again. Entire T & C linked for the others that were scammed. How awesome is it that this one, defining sentence is so far down the page.

Dec 8, 2021 5:09 AM in response to Sooziejoi

I have never taken advantage of an Apple promotion where a gift card is involved. I did a little research on the promo last year, and frankly, I didn’t understand the gobbledygook wording when it talked about being charged for the gift card, etc. so I avoided the promo. I bought two pair of AirPods Pro for family members this year and did better on price than I would have with Apple even if I had taken the $75.00 gift card. I doubt that I would opt for an Apple gift card promo in the future.

Dec 28, 2021 1:53 PM in response to Demo

To be clear the way this works is, say a MacBook Pro is $2000 and comes with a $100 Apple Gift Card.

Your invoice would then show:

MacBook Pro: $1900

Apple Gift Card: $100

===============

Total Charged: $2000

So your credit card is charged for the same amount as without the offer, you just walk away with an Apple Gift Card of the appropriate amount.

Obviously if you can find the same or better deal elsewhere, it makes more sense to purchase elsewhere.

Dec 29, 2021 6:19 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

Dogcow-Moof wrote:

So your credit card is charged for the same amount as without the offer, you just walk away with an Apple Gift Card of the appropriate amount.

OK, I get it now, but it still isn’t the deal I would be looking for. I would rather take the $100.00 off of the Mac rather than pay $2000.00 and get a gift card. I want a discounted price on the purchase.

Obviously if you can find the same or better deal elsewhere, it makes more sense to purchase elsewhere.

I usually can and that’s why the Apple deals are crap to me. Each to his own.

Dec 29, 2021 6:40 PM in response to Demo

Right - and except for EPP offers to employees of various companies and educational discounts, Apple never discounts the price of their products - they give you gift cards, because that guarantees a future purchase from Apple. (If you have a Menard's hardware store near you, they do the same with their "rebates" - they're issued in the form of checks that are only good for purchases at Menard's.)

Third party companies do of course discount Apple, and that's their way of getting people in the door or to click on their site.

Black Friday promotion 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.