Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad mini 4 black screen

my ipad mini 4 has gone black screen all of a sudden. It does not display anything and yet sometimes it shows the apple logo in black screen for a second or two and then goes dark again. I tried to update and restore.both failed. it prompts error 4005 and 4013 at different times. In the dark I can see the screen blink every few seconds if connected via usb to a computer. If connected to a charging brick the screen stays on all the time but nothing actually displays. If I were to press the home button and the power button on top together to put it in recovery mode the apple logo comes up but disappears after a second or two depending on how good the day is. What could be wrong with it? The ipad had 84% charge the night before it was set aside. And the very next morning this happened. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance Apple community

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 12:50 PM

Make an appointment at the nearest Apple location to have your iPad evaluated for free.

Once the diagnostics are complete, the staff will explain your options.

Make a Genius Bar Reservation

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Similar questions

1 reply

Ipad mini 4 black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.