You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My frontier.com (hosted by Yahoo!) email account failed logging on with MacBook Pro 14

1. I am able to log on with credentials through Safari web browser ==> No Issues
  2. I am able to use the Add account (Yahoo!) => xxxx@frontier.com through IPADOS 15.1 ==> No Issues
  3. I am able to use the Add account (yahoo!) => xxx@yahoo.com with MacOs Monterey 12.01 ==> No Issues
  4. I am able to use the Add account (Gmail) ==> xxx@gmail.com with MacOs Monterey 12.01 ==> No Issues

But using same tool as 3, 4

I am NOT able to use Add account (Yahoo!) => xxxx@frontier.com with MacOs Monterey 12.01

in conection doctor - it shows these errors

Trying to login to this IMAP account failed. verify that the username and password are correct

Trying to log into this SMTP account failed. verify that the username and password are correct

How come it works for iPad and not Monterey?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 6:26 PM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2021 2:45 PM in response to Leffy38

Hey Leffy38,

It sounds like you're having an issue adding an account on Mail on your Mac. We can understand wanting to get that resolved. We want to help.

We'd recommend reviewing the information in this article: If Mail on your Mac can’t connect to your email account - Apple Support

It may also help to run Mail Connection Doctor to see what info and options are found: Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Thanks!

My frontier.com (hosted by Yahoo!) email account failed logging on with MacBook Pro 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.