Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost internet access on iPhones

Both my husband's and my iPhones can no longer access apps including Google search, or email and we get the message'Cannot Verify Server Identity - the identity of "m.hotmail.com" cannot be verified and if I click on details it offers that a DigiCert SHA2 High... Not trusted Expires 12/04/2022 14:00:00"

Any ideas? I spent4 hours on the phone to a delightful Apple support gentleman who could not fix it.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 5:25 AM

7 replies

Dec 9, 2021 2:35 PM in response to LD150

Ah that’s interesting .. we both use the iPhones for lots of stuff .. emails, WhatsApp, mobile banking, buying stuff etc so I assumed if we used it as we would a laptop then it needed similar levels of security to protect from hacking, phishing etc and maybe maliciously introduced viruses. It’s scary knowing a little - just enough to make me feel vulnerable! Thanks for your interest and support👏

Dec 9, 2021 11:03 AM in response to LD150

Hello. Thank you for going to the trouble. A very short while ago I renewed my AVG Subscription that was a few days out of date and hey presto all was cured! Confusingly we still had email/internet access on Windows laptops and an iPad but I guess there is some basic factory security installed so AVG doesn’t see those devices as being at risk and therefore hasn’t blocked access to the internet. Relieved but frankly alarmed.

Thanks again.

Dec 9, 2021 9:26 AM in response to Dennysn8

Dennysn8 wrote:

Both my husband's and my iPhones can no longer access apps including Google search, or email and we get the message'Cannot Verify Server Identity - the identity of "m.hotmail.com" cannot be verified and if I click on details it offers that a DigiCert SHA2 High... Not trusted Expires 12/04/2022 14:00:00"
Any ideas? I spent4 hours on the phone to a delightful Apple support gentleman who could not fix it.

For your email have you contact hotmail?

Lost internet access on iPhones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.