Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying message

When I leave my area that my phone has wi-fi connection I get a message that pops up say cannot imap.gmail within two second it pops up again if I hit details it give me some web site that says not trusted !!! So frustrating... Do I have a setting that should on or off on my phone??? HELP

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 6:00 AM

You stated that the message pops up as soon as you leave from a WiFi Network. This means that your mail account is not connecting over cellular and thus you are getting an error message.

Open Settings ➔ Cellular - Scroll down till you see the name of the app that you use for emails and make sure that is set to ON.

This will allow that app to connect over a cellular data network as well when it is out of WiFi range.

Axel F.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2020 6:00 AM in response to Aceofhearts0619

You stated that the message pops up as soon as you leave from a WiFi Network. This means that your mail account is not connecting over cellular and thus you are getting an error message.

Open Settings ➔ Cellular - Scroll down till you see the name of the app that you use for emails and make sure that is set to ON.

This will allow that app to connect over a cellular data network as well when it is out of WiFi range.

Axel F.

Jun 21, 2020 5:56 AM in response to Aceofhearts0619

What happens when you click the "Details" on the error popup message (See the Pic below)

Changing SSL settings

Settings > Password & Accounts > [Select the Mail account} > [Tape on Account with the email ID} > Advanced > SSL Settings > [Disable]

Click <Account (in Blue)

Click on DONE (in Blue) when exiting in the previous screen

Annoying message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.