Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird circles on my iPhone 13 screen

I bought an iPhone 13 recently and I've been noticing these weird circles on my screen whenever it's black and tilted at a certain angle. They do disappear for a while when I rub the screen but then they appear again. And even when I switch off my phone, I can still see them. What are these? How can I get rid of them? My trypophobia is acting up so pls help. I've attached pictures that I found on another thread here. Mine look the exact same.

iPhone 13

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 2:32 AM

Judging by those circles I doubt that phone is new, I think it is a refurbished phone and something on the inside was fixed or replaced. The only way to open an iPhone is to remove the display panel, and suction cups are used to remove the panel without breaking it.

12 replies

Dec 9, 2021 10:31 AM in response to gingersnaps12

Are you carrying this iPhone in a pocket? With usage, your phone will get dirty, and as you press it up to your ear for phone calls, it can also get a little greasy. Anything that presses on the screen after that can leave marks, and they will look like the thing that touches it, such as a coin through the cloth of your pocket, a key chain, etc.

Dec 10, 2021 2:35 AM in response to Revianmac

This picture is not of my phone. I mentioned that I got this picture from another thread here because I wasn't able to get the circles on my phone in a picture. It's a bit difficult because they only show up at a certain angle. Also because I hate circles and want to avoid tilting my phone in that angle. But this picture is exactly how the circles look like on my phone screen. I can confidently say that it's an original and new phone from an Apple store in Canada

Weird circles on my iPhone 13 screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.