Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing from one Family Sharing account to another without losing data/pictures/etc.

I currently have a 200GB iCloud Family Sharing storage account. My wife has just had to upgrade to the 2TB iCloud storage. I want to cancel my 200GB account and join my wife's (more storage and save money by cancelling the extra account). How do i do this without loosing all my information, pictures etc that are currently stored in my 200GB account? Is this possible? Thanks for any assistance you can offer!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 6:11 PM

Likely not in that case as you are already the organizer of a family share account. You can stop your family share (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201081).

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 9, 2021 6:08 PM in response to muguy

Unfortunately it won’t allow me to join her Family Sharing as it says I can’t move to her account as I am currently the OWNER/ORGANISER of a different account (my account). I was hoping there was some short term way of not losing my data, close my account and then join her account and then suck all my data/pictures over to her 2TB family sharing account?

Changing from one Family Sharing account to another without losing data/pictures/etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.