Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

set up family sharing iCloud

Hi. Can anyone explain how a shared iCloud account works please?  Currently I have an iCloud account 50GB and my wife has an iCloud account 50GB.  I’m running low on space so have upgraded to 200GB.  We have family sharing from my account.  It says we can both use the one shared account in future.  I can’t see how to cancel my wife’s account or how to link them on iCloud.  There doesn’t seem to be any way of cancelling her account.  But if I downgrade hers to a free 5GB account will it then automatically link the two?  I’ve just done that but it just says hers will now be downgraded in a months time and loose all her data, says nothing about linking. Any help greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 2:11 AM

Have you checked, if your wife is appearing in the System Preferences > Family Sharing ?

Open System Preferences > Family Sharing, then click iCloud.

You should be seeing, how much of the shared iCloud Storage is used by your wife. There should be a table showing the storage used by you and by other family members:

Is her storage already listed?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 2:11 AM in response to KJ W

Have you checked, if your wife is appearing in the System Preferences > Family Sharing ?

Open System Preferences > Family Sharing, then click iCloud.

You should be seeing, how much of the shared iCloud Storage is used by your wife. There should be a table showing the storage used by you and by other family members:

Is her storage already listed?

set up family sharing iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.