Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back touch (double tap) for screenshot not working on my IPhone 12 pro max

Hi Guys,

the back touch (double tap) for screenshot is not working on my 12 pro max. This was working fine until the last update i.e 15.1.1

I would appreciate if Apple can release a fix for this or tell me how to make it work.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 6:44 PM

If you believe that Apple needs to release a fix, you need to let Apple know that. You can report this as a bug by going to their feedback page here, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. I have just tested this on my iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.1.1, and it works. I found with a case on the device it requires a harder tap to get it to work. You may want to try turning the back tap off, the power the iPhone off and back on again, then turning the back tap back on again and test it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 6:44 PM in response to apurva101

If you believe that Apple needs to release a fix, you need to let Apple know that. You can report this as a bug by going to their feedback page here, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. I have just tested this on my iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.1.1, and it works. I found with a case on the device it requires a harder tap to get it to work. You may want to try turning the back tap off, the power the iPhone off and back on again, then turning the back tap back on again and test it.

Back touch (double tap) for screenshot not working on my IPhone 12 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.